New Business Development Manager - London, Surrey, Berkshire
Are you a sales hunter? Do you have a passion for direct sales?
We have an exciting opportunity that allows you the chance to be instrumental in the growth of the Direct Sales business at Clear Channel UK covering Woking and Surrey region.
You will report to the Area Sales Manager and be part of a team of 6 Business Development Managers.
You will be responsible for selling Out of Home advertising space to small and medium-sized businesses. Your dedicated sales team will sell to a broad range of clients spanning public and private sectors. These clients could be anyone from large regional businesses with complex needs, through to smaller local businesses purchasing targeted campaigns.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying and developing new prospects in local markets.
- Prospecting and self-generating new business appointments.
- Winning new business from prospects.
- Developing local market intelligence.
- Developing and managing existing clients.
Who are we?
Clear Channel UK is one of the world’s leading Out of Home media owners with more than 40,000 sites nationwide. You’ll find Clear Channel advertising panels from Inverness in Scotland to Truro in Cornwall and in every major urban area in between.
From continued investment in classic bus stops to leading the digital out of home revolution, we continually find new and interesting ways to help brands meet people throughout the UK. Our dedicated team of more than 650 people work in 14 locations nationwide work to create and post stunning advertising, as well as cleaning and maintaining street furniture, making the urban environment better for local communities.
Who are you?
Although this role is a field based position we have organically adopted a supportive environment, you’ll feel very much part of the team and our wider CCUK business, whilst reaping the rewards of uncapped commission in a patch you will run like your own business.
You’ll be given the flexibility to manage your client base and your time to make the most of a direct sales role, whilst also being committed to maximising revenue opportunity and growing market share.
- Proven success in a new business field sales role
- Proven success in prospecting to self-generate new business appointments
- Experience in achieving new business meeting targets of at least 10 meetings a week
We won't give you an existing account base so we're looking for tenacious new business hunters who are not afraid to pick up the ‘phone and prospect or knock on doors to get appointments with SMEs. Minimum KPI expectation is 10 self-generated meetings per week and to be considered for this opportunity you’ll be used to working to this type of model consistently.
Although we are looking for new business developers, you will also enjoy the benefit of Clear Channel’s exceptional lead generating website (https://www.clearchanneldirect.co.uk) which in its first 9 months produced over 2,000 incoming leads for BDMs across the business.
What’s in it for you
It takes extraordinary talent from a collection of diverse minds to make brands come alive as Clear Channel does. We think we offer benefits beyond what you can see, we offer benefits you can feel. The powerful sense of pride you get from seeing the work you delivered transform local communities.
The genuine feeling of support from a company of people who value you, whether you sit next to them or 100 miles away you can feel your worth and see the impact of your ideas and contributions. Our culture and people are our biggest benefit and if you value that then you’ll fit right in!
In addition we offer;
- Uncapped commission scheme - with huge earning potential
- Company car – so you have one less thing to worry about
- 25 days holiday (plus all the usual public holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Starting salary between £25k - £30k with an internal progression framework unlocking salary increases
- Company pension, life insurance and group income protection schemes
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans and a whole host of discounts across 100s of retailers
At Clear Channel UK we believe in fairness and as an equal opportunities employer we work hard to foster an inclusive environment, a place you can truly be yourself and be treated fairly. We focus purely on skills and behaviours so if you'd like the opportunity to help us create the future of media, out of home, we'd like to hear from you.